WHAT TO KNOW
Spring is here. So are wet slippery floors and mats. Spring showers make for dangerous slick floors in our stores. And when owners and management fail to maintain those floors in safety, serious injuries happen.
Martin Law sees the same offenders every spring including:
- wet floors where rain is tracked in and left unmopped;
- curled mats and floor runners; and
- thread bare mats never meant for high traffic entrance use but repurposed from storage by managers and owners trying to save a few bucks.
When you've been seriously injured in a fall, you need help.
Martin Law has 6 top tips:
- Get To Emergency: immediate treatment of your injuries is the first priority. And it documents those injuries. After the emergency room, make an appointment with your family doctor. Your GP provides crucial follow up care and is your key record keeper;
- Take Pics: remember to ask a witness to take a photo with your own phone of the puddle, water or mat that made you fall. If you can't do that, ask a friend to go back to the store and take those photos when it's safe. Pics are incredibly helpful and give everyone a window into what happened;
- Witnesses: are usually right there. Ask for names and numbers. As time passes, memory fades and some witnesses may become hesitant to get involved;
- Take Note: write it all down. Go through that day step by step. Please do it before you forget key details. And know that your notes are your property. You can decide to share your notes with your lawyer. She can help you decide when to share with the insurance adjuster;
- Keep It: store those torn clothes and damaged belongings. Don't clean or wash a thing. Keep as is. Bag them in a brown paper bag or in a cardboard box. Store then in a safe place in your home where you will remember where you stashed them; and
- Pick Up the Phone: most experienced injury lawyers offer a Free Consultation. Call your local community injury lawyer who knows the stores, the local weather and knows your community. Kick the tires and find out if the lawyer is a good fit for you. Many serious injury claims take time to resolve so you need a good working relationship with a lawyer who is approachable, actually returns your call and answers your questions.
Spring falls can be just as devastating as winter ice falls.
They will have a devastating impact on your life.
From work to family, your injuries will change every part of your life.
Your injuries deserve serious attention and help.
Call your experienced local injury lawyer and get the help you need.
Call Martin Law For Your Free Consultation.
6 Things To Know
Our Top 6 Check List